Harold Edward Sytles
February 1, 1994 (age 21)
Holmes Chapel, Cheshire
Hazza, Barry, H
In both London, England and Los Angeles, CA
Des Styles, father
Early LifeHarry Styles was born in Redditch, Worcestershire, England to Des Styles and Anne Cox. He has an older sister, Gemma. When Harry was seven years old, his parents divorced. His mother remarried in early June 2013 to Robin Twist.  As a child Harry loved singing. He's listed Elvis Presley and The Rolling Stones as some of his musical influences.
Growing up Harry lived in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire, England and attended Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School, a state comprehensive school.
- Main article: One Direction
In 2010, when he was sixteen years old, Harry auditioned for the seventh season of The X Factor. He wanted a professional opinion on his singing because up until then his mom was the one telling him he was a good singer. Before his audition he said, "Singing's what I want to do, and if people who can make that happen for me don't think that I should be doing that, then it's a major setback in my plans."Harry sang "Isn't She Lovely" and received positive comments from Simon Cowell and Nicole Scherzinger, while Louis Walsh had doubts on whether he was ready to progress in the competition. At bootcamp, Harry sang "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" before being rejected and put into One Direction.
Following The X Factor, One Direction signed a record contract with Sony Music subsidiary Syco Music. They released their studio album, Up All Night. One Direction have released three more albums since then, Take Me Home, Midnight Memories and FOUR. Their fifth album is due in late 2015.
In 2014, Harry co-wrote some songs with singer Meghan Trainor and also wrote a song called Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart, for Ariana Grande's album My Everything.
Harry is very close to his mother, Anne, and his sister, Gemma. He has several tattoos dedicated to them.
Harry allegedly dated Caroline Flack in 2011, when he was 17 and she was 32. Their relationship caused widespread controversy because of their fifteen year age gap. They met in 2010 while Harry was a contestant on The X Factor, and Caroline was the co-host of the companion show, The Xtra Factor. Harry admitted to being attracted to her. Romance rumors grew after October 16, 2011, when it was reported that Harry and Caroline were seen kissing at an X Factor after party. Both denied there was a relationship. Rumors went unproven until December 2011 when he was seen leaving her London home early in the morning after having spent the night.
Throughout the relationship, Caroline received intense media scrutiny. Although at the time neither confirmed they were together, in January 2012 Harry revealed the relationship had mutually ended via twitter. In May 2015, Flack said of the relationship: "I’m not going to ever apologise for it because there was nothing at the time that was serious or bad and nobody was getting hurt.”
Harry met Taylor Swift backstage at the Kids Choice Awards on March 31st, 2012. Taylor was filmed dancing along to One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful performance on the night. After some rumored dinner dates, the two began officially dating in November 2012. The first pictures of Harry with Taylor surfaced in early December 2012. They shared a New Year's Eve kiss in Times Square.The couple broke up in early January 2013. Taylor wrote songs about her relationship with Harry, such as Style, Out Of The Woods, All You Had To Do Was Stay, Wonderland and I Know Places, which were featured on her 1989 album. Taylor confirmed to Rolling Stone that Style was definitely about Harry, stating she "wasn't even sorry" about the title (referencing his last name) and featured Harry's paper plane necklace in the music video. Harry defended her right to write songs about him, as he also writes and sings about his relationships, as do most artists.
- "Back For You" — writing
- "Summer Love" — writing
- "Still The One" — writing
- "They Don't Know About Us" — writing
- "Irresistible" — writing
My Everything (Ariana Grande)
- "Just a Little Bit of Your Heart" — writing
- "Night Changes" — writing
- "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" — writing
- "Stockholm Syndrome" — writing
- "Fool's Gold" — writing
- "Change Your Ticket" — writing
- "My worst habit... is getting naked all the time! Sorry!" (Mr. and Miss[es])
- "Simple, but effective." (X Factor Diary 6)
- "It's not about being who you were. It's about keeping who you were part of who you are now." (Interview with Nightline)
- “I have a lot of friends and some of them are girls - and apparently I'm dating all of them" (On his numerous rumoured romances, 60 Minutes Australia interview)
- "We feel like that objectifies women and that's not really what we're about" (On whether the band has "dibs" on which girls they choose to sleep with, 2013)
- "It costs nothing to be nice" (Quote featured in 365 Days of Wonder by R.J Palacio)
- "That's not a game" (On whether he has "game" when it comes to women, 2013)
- "You don't want someone like that. I'm serious. Pick someone who's supportive." (When a fan told him she was dumped by her boyfriend for attending their concert, 2014).
- "I feel like when people label people as famous they take away a lot of the substance that they have as a person. So you don't remember if they were funny or they were really nice and giving, they're just famous. After that, any choice you make, if it's not as famous or more, it's considered a failure. And that's a shame because it's not a failure always" (SPIN 1038 Interview, 2013)
- His curly, brown hair.
- His dimples.
- His style.
- He has four nipples.
- He had blonde hair when he was a baby.
- He worked in a bakery before X-Factor.
- Supported the He For She campaign in 2014.
- His least favorite class in school was chemistry.
- His favorite class in school was home economics.
- He has a cat named Dusty.
- His favorite food is tacos.
- He is scared of roller coasters.
- 1D's hair stylist, Lou Teasdale is one of his best friends. He is also very close to her daughter Lux.
- Harry is 6 feet tall and has size 10 feet.
- He is a Manchester United fan.
- He doesn't like Boba Tea.
- His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- He lives in both London and LA.
- Bananas are his favorite fruit.
- Ed Sheeran is one of his best friends.
- ↑ Harry Styles to be best man at mom Anne Cox's wedding. Sugarscape.com.
- ↑ Holmes Chapel X Factor star Harry Styles can win show say school bandmates. Crewe Chronicle. October 12, 2010.
- ↑ Ariana Grande Loves The Song Harry Styles Wrote For Her
- ↑ @Harry_Styles. Twitter. Announcing end of Caroline relationship. January 26, 2012.
- ↑ Caroline Flack May 2015 Interview
- ↑ 12newsnow.com