Louis William Tomlinson
December 24, 1991 (age 23)
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Troy Austin, father
Eleanor Calder (ex-girlfriend)
|“||Live fast, have fun, be a bit mischievious.||”|
He has five younger half-sisters and younger half-brother by his mom: Charlotte, Félicité, twins Daisy and Phoebe and twins Doris and Ernest. He has one younger half-sister, Georgia, by his father. Mark and Jay divorced in 2011. His mother married Daniel Deakin in 2014. He was a sixth form student at Hall Cross School, a state comprehensive school and previously a pupil at The Hayfield School. While he was a student at Hall Cross, Louis starred in several Scholastic musical productions at this school, including Grease, which sparked his interest in performing.
- Main article: One Direction history
Louis auditioned for The X Factor with "Hey There Delilah" by Plain White T's. He received three votes out of the three judges present, and was sent to Bootcamp. At Bootcamp, he sang Bob Dylan's "Make You Feel My Love" before being rejected, and put into One Direction.
In April 2015, it was announced that Louis would be starting his own record label, an imprint of Simon Cowell's Syco label. Louis said of the business venture: "To be given the opportunity to potentially give new artists a platform is an incredible feeling. I hope to sign some really exciting new artists down the line". It was also announced that he had signed former X-Factor contestant Jack Walton and would eventually sign the winning act of upcoming reality series Be In The Band.
Outside of work, Louis supports many charities. In particular, he has worked closely over the years with the Eden Dora Trust, which helps children suffering from Encephalitis. In 2015, Louis participated in a charity football match in April, held a Cinderella ball for terminally ill children in collaboration with charity Believe In Magic, in which he raised over 7 million dollar, and became the official patron for the Stacey Mowie Appeal.
Louis is a part-time contract-based football player for the Doncaster Rovers.
Louis dated Hannah Walker throughout his time on The X Factor. She attended Hall Cross Academy with Louis, and they met through the school's production of Grease. Hannah played Frenchy and Louis played Danny (view image). They started dating on March 18, 2010.
It's rumored that Hannah encouraged Louis to audition for X-Factor. They dated for about a year before breaking up in July 2011. Louis was busy with One Direction recording their debut album, and it became increasingly hard for him and Hannah to see each other. He reportedly decided to break it off with Hannah because he wanted to focus on the release of the band's debut single, and their upcoming album. After the break up, both said on Twitter that they were still friends.
It is unconfirmed how Louis and Eleanor officially met but it has been said they were introduced to each other around summer 2011 by Harry. Other sources say they met through mutual friends at a music festival, and some say she was a backing dancer on X Factor. Their first public outing together was September 14, 2011, when Eleanor accompanied Louis to celebrate Niall's birthday. Louis was asked to confirm they were dating in an October 2011 interview. People Magazine confirmed on March 21, 2015 that Eleanor and Louis had split up two weeks previously. Neither have publicly spoken about the split. In May 2015, Louis confirmed on James Corden's The Late Late Show that he is single, but did not elaborate on what caused the split. He has not been asked about Eleanor at all since the split. Eleanor began a fashion blog with associate Max Hurd called TheTrendPear.
It was announced on July 14, 2015 that Louis is expecting his first child with LA based stylist, Briana Jungwirth. Louis was seen partying with Briana throughout May 2015, but has not been seen with her since. The two are not currently dating. Louis confirmed the pregnancy news on August 4, 2015 during a live interview with Good Morning America. He said "It's a really exciting time, so I'm buzzing". In early September, it was reported Louis was seeking a paternity test. In October, a tabloid magazine reported Louis and Briana are having a baby girl. Briana attended six One Direction concerts in the UK in September. In the October issue of Fabulous Magazine, it was revealed Louis had banned any questions about the baby, and interviews would be stopped if he was asked. This continued throughout November, during a November 25 press conference it was again announced that any reporters with questions about the baby would be asked to leave the conference.
In unexplained circumstances, during One Direction's time on X Factor, Louis was mysteriously sent home by producers for a week. Police were also called one week when it appeared Louis had gone missing, but it was found he had gone home to see family without informing anyone.
After two years of speculation, Louis began vehemently denying he was in a relationship with bandmate Harry. An interview was published where Louis reasoned that the speculation was ruining his friendship with Harry, and in September 2012, tweeted a fan saying "How's this? Larry is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard. I'm happy, why can't you accept that?". The tweet upset many fans, with some refusing to believe it was him. Louis has never publicly spoken about the tweet.
Louis was involved in numerous Twitter fights with members of boy band The Wanted. The band had previously made fun of Harry after he was overcome with stage fright during a performance, and both bands remained at odds ever since. Zayn and Liam, and eventually Eleanor, all came to Louis's defence during a particularly nasty 2013 spat, in which one member of The Wanted appeared to imply Louis was gay and should come out. In an interview with an LGBT chat show, the same member once again said Louis would be the first member of One Direction to come out. In 2015, The Wanted split up and blamed their rivalry with One Direction as the reason they called it quits.
In May, a video was leaked by The Daily Mail showing Louis and Zayn smoking cannabis while in Peru. Zayn can be heard criticizing One Direction's official merchandise, saying both the band and the fans are sick of shallow products solely catering solely to a young audience, and wishing they could do more artistic ventures. Louis can allegedly be heard uttering several racial slurs throughout the video. Neither Louis or Zayn have ever publicly addressed the video but Liam took to Twitter a few days after it surfaced to apologize for them, saying they were immature. In 2015, Louis jokingly denied ever getting high on drugs during an interview with Jonathan Ross. A fellow guest on the show noted that because of their media training, the band is not allowed to admit to controversial acts like smoking illegal substances.
In November, Louis lashed out on Twitter at a journalist who wrote an article about the rainbow Apple logo shirt he had recently worn. The journalist interpreted this as a sign of support for Apple CEO Tim Cook who had come out as gay the previous week. Louis appeared to interpret the article as speculating his sexuality and tweeted "I am in fact straight!" despite the article not stating anything about his sexuality.
After Zayn's departure from One Direction, Louis became involved in two Twitter fights with Zayn's friend, producer Naughty Boy. Insults were exchanged and Zayn tweeted Louis asking "Remember when you had a life instead of making bitchy comments about mine?". Louis did not respond to Zayn's tweet. The fights made worldwide headlines. Zayn cut all ties with Naughty Boy in July. In November 2015, Louis strongly hinted in various Made in the A.M. promo interviews that he and Zayn were not on talking terms, and that he was distancing himself from the band.
- "Last First Kiss" — written
- "Back For You" — written
- "Summer Love" — written
- "Still The One" — written
- "Kiss You" — written
- "Irresistible" — written
- "They Don't Know About Us" — written
- "Right Now" — writing
- "Why Don't We Go There" — writing
- "Best Song Ever" — written
- "Strong" — writing
- "Diana" — writing
- "Story of My Life" — writing
- "Midnight Memories" — writing
- "Little Black Dress" — writing
- "Through The Dark" — writing
- "Little White Lies" — writing
- "Better Than Words" — writing
- "Does He Know" — writing
- "Alive" — writing
- "Steal My Girl" — writing
- "Ready To Run" — writing
- "Fool's Gold" — writing
- "Night Changes" — writing
- "No Control" — writing
- "Fireproof" — writing
- "Spaces" — writing
- "Clouds" — writing
- "Change Your Ticket" — writing
- "Perfect" — writing
- "End Of The Day" — writing
- "Long Way Down" — writing
- "What A Feeling" — writing
- "Love You Goodbye" — writing
- "History" — writing
- "A.M." — writing
- "Home" - writing
- "'NO' Jimmy protested!" (X Factor Video Diary 7)
- "We're not perfect, we're not clean cut. We're just trying to be ourselves" (Common Quote)
- [On songwriting] "I think, for me, there’s been a few times where fans have held up “You Make Me Strong” signs and everyone’s held that up. And, I’d be singing the song, going through the motions, and it actually takes something as blatant as that to go, “Hang on a minute. That’s – I wrote on that song. These are the references that I’ve said.” It’s an amazing feeling. It’s exactly what you would want as an artist. It’s very important for us, I think."
- "My personal tastes... I actually like quite a bit acoustic and more mellow kinds of things. I quite like American music, like The Fray, I'm a massive fan of them, and The Killers. I also like more acoustic stuff like Ed Sheeran, I like this English songwriter James Morrison and another singer called Ben Howard." (Billboard interview, 2012)
- "Feel free to insult me but you don't have the right to insult our fans" (to someone criticizing fans on Twitter)
- "I’ve sometimes felt like that, but to be honest most of the time I’m the immature one who needs to be told to get focused. I’m a bit of a perfectionist so I have to be kind of be on board with every minor detail and [I’m] quite opinionated." (Billboard interview, 2012)
- "It's a big thing to sit in a room and talk about your feelings, your deepest love, whenever you got your heart broken. So you have to be able to be comfortable for the good stuff to come out." (One Direction TV Special, Recording Four, 2014)
- [On the No Control fan project] "I think it's a perfect example of how unique and incredible and passionate our fans are" (Billboard Awards, 2015)
- [On One Direction's break] “I don’t actually think what we’re doing is that weird. We’ve been on the road for four years and have made as many albums in the same amount of time. So we’re just taking a break to see our families and enjoy our houses”. (ITV News, 2015)
- His mother was a midwife. As a child, Louis would often help look after the babies she delivered.
- He smokes.
- He has a fear of birds and growing old.
- He is signed on a non-contract basis with his hometown club, the Doncaster Rovers.
- His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
- He had his own custom "Mystery Machine" van made for him.
- He is one of the main songwriters for the band.
- He was the best man at his mum's wedding.
- He knows how to play the piano.
- ↑ Mums of One Direction stars reveal how the boys have grown into music sensations. Daily Record. April 16, 2012.
- ↑ http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6538855/louis-tomlinson-is-starting-his-own-record-label
- ↑ @Louis_Tomlinson. Twitter. Louis and Hannah break-up. July 24, 2011.
- ↑ Eleanor Source
- ↑ Timeline
- ↑ Paternity article
- ↑ Louis expecting a girl
- ↑ Fabulous Magazine
- ↑ Mexico Press Conference
- ↑ Louis Goes Missing
- ↑ Louis Tweet
- ↑ The Wanted Fight
- ↑ The Wanted
- ↑ The Independent
- ↑ Louis vs Zayn and Naughty Boy Timeline