Sophia Anne Smith
February 9, 1994 (age 21)
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
Soph, Smithers (by Liam)
Sophia is a student at Birmingham City University, where she studies fashion business and promotion. She has an older sister named Zoe.
Sophia was the girlfriend of One Direction’s Liam Payne. The two met in secondary school, St. Peter's Collegiate School in Wolverhampton, England. They saw each other again in February 2013, when they both attended Andy Samuels birthday party. In August 2013, Liam flew Sophia out to L.A. during the Take Me Home US leg of the tour. He confirmed they were dating during an interview at the This Is Us press conference. They made their first public appearance at the This Is Us London premiere.
In April of 2014, rumors circled that Payne and Smith had parted ways. However, it was never confirmed. In May 2014, the two were spotted shopping in Birmingham, confirming the two were still very much together. Since then, Sophia has attended many of Liam's shows during both the Where We Are Tour, and now On The Road Again Tour.
In October 2015, People Magazine reported that Liam and Sophia had decided to end their relationship after two and a half years. After being on private for the last few years, Sophia recently made her instagram account public. She doesn't follow Liam anymore, but she does still has photos of him on her account.
- They were guests at Louis Tomlinson's mum's wedding.
- Liam challenged her to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
- Sophia accompanied Liam on the Where We Are Tour and the On the Road Again Tour.
- Sophia was very close with Liam's family, Lou Teasdale, Louis's sister Lottie and ex-girlfriend Eleanor.
- Liam was holding Sophia's hand in the Night Changes music video.
- Sophia is NOT the girl who rejected Liam 22 times. It's been confirmed by Liam, Nicola, and Ruth.
- The Great Gatsby Ball, for Trekstock, was planned by Sophia and some of her fellow uni students. The event was hosted by Liam, who is an ambassador for the Charity.
- Sophia has a dog named Ralph. He was a Christmas present from Liam in 2014.
- Liam ordered a custom cake for Sophia's 21st birthday. It was a replica of their dogs, Watson and Ralph.