Sophia Anne Smith
February 9, 1994 (age 22)
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
BackgroundSophia was a student at Birmingham City University, where she studied fashion business and promotion before graduating in 2016. She has an older sister named Zoe.
Sophia was the girlfriend of One Direction’s Liam Payne. The two met in secondary school, St. Peter's Collegiate School in Wolverhampton, England. They saw each other again in February 2013, when they both attended Andy Samuels birthday party. In August 2013, Liam flew Sophia out to L.A. during the Take Me Home US leg of the tour. He confirmed they were dating during an interview at the This Is Us press conference. They made their first public appearance at the This Is Us London premiere.
In October 2015, People Magazine reported that Liam and Sophia had decided to end their relationship after two and a half years. Sophia made her Instagram account public soon after the split, revealing romantic messages Liam had previously left in the comments. While she unfollowed Liam, she kept photos of him on her account.
In March 2016, Sophia allegedly spoke to Now Magazine about splitting from Liam and her thoughts on him moving on with UK pop star Cheryl Cole. Sophia said "It’s so weird. I knew about them a little bit ago, but who thought it would actually come out? I didn’t." Both Sophia and Louis's ex Eleanor Calder have claimed the interview was fabricated and Sophia only agreed to meet the journalist as a friend, not for an exclusive interview. Since then Calder and Smith have regularly showcased outings together on their social media.
- They were guests at Louis Tomlinson's mother's wedding.
- Sophia was very close with Eleanor Calder, Lou Teasdale, and Lottie Tomlinson.
- Fashion photography is one of her hobbies.
- Liam was holding Sophia's hand in the "Night Changes" music video, as he pulls her toward a fair ride.
- Sophia is NOT the girl who rejected Liam 22 times. This rumor was denied by Liam, Nicola, and Ruth.
- The 2015 Great Gatsby Ball, for Trekstock, was planned by Sophia and some of her fellow uni students. The event was hosted by Liam, who is an ambassador for the charity.
- Liam bought Sophia a white Range Rover for Christmas in 2013. A present for passing her driver's test.
- Sophia has a dog named Ralph. He was a Christmas present from Liam in 2014.
- Liam ordered a custom cake for Sophia's 21st birthday. It was a replica of their dogs, Watson and Ralph.
- She graduated in 2016.
- Twitter Official Twitter
- Instagram Official Instagram