“You & I”
May 26, 2014
John Ryan, Julian Bunetta, Jamie Scott
BackgroundOne Direction announced You & I to be the fourth single from Midnight Memories through a seven second YouTube video on April 11, 2014. The boys were seen filming on March 24th and the announcement confirmed that it was in fact for the music video. The video was directed by Ben Winston (he also directed/produced: A Year In The Making, This Is Us, Best Song Ever and Story Of My Life). They also offered fans the chance to remix their own version of the track, upload it onto SoundCloud, and then Liam would be picking a few for a special 1D playlist, also on SoundCloud.
The official audio for the radio edit was uploaded to YouTube on April 14th ahead of the single release on April 18th. A short video message by Liam was also posted on April 14th where he stated if you pre-ordered the You & I bundle on iTunes, you would also receive a special message from the boys and a special remix by him called the "Big Payno Remix".
|Released||April 18, 2014|
|Location||Clevedon, Somerset, England|
|VEVO views||71 million+|
- Writers - John Ryan, Julian Bunetta, Jamie Scott
- Producers - John Ryan, Julian Bunetta
- ↑ iTunes "You & I" EP by One Direction
- ↑ Instagram Video by One Direction
- ↑ YouTube You & I single announcement
- ↑ onedirectionmusic.com You & I Single Release And Remix
- ↑ YouTube One Direction - You & I (Radio Edit) [Official Audio]
- ↑ YouTube.com Pre Order You & I Now!
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2588018/One-Directions-Niall-Horan-clutches-hot-water-bottle-films-Somerset-Harry-Styles-Liam-Payne.html